Adapted Gym Program (AGP) in the BODiWORKS Institute
* Currently conducting Intakes for new families and
completing Initial Consults and Assessments. AGP (ages 3-18yrs) and Adult Exercise therapy
and recreation (ages 19yrs+). Intake Assessments (ICA) begin now. Contact us for full information.
The AGP is a 32 week process (year to year, ages 6-18yrs, NEXT - Fall 19' to June 20') that is focused
on remediation of motor developmental delays and deficits with consideration for the child's emotional and relationship needs.
*Exception is the 10 week Intervals for ages 3-5yrs old AGP and 19+yrs old Exercise
therapy & recreation (ETR). NEXT opportunity for Interval is SUMMER 2019 to start! Only clients
who have completed their ICA and enrolled can start in SUMMER. Contact us soon!
program is specifically geared toward children **(ages 3 to 18yrs). (Ask about Adult Exercise therapy and
recreation (ETR) for 19+ years.)
The AGP services clients with the following:
- ASD's (Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Downs Syndrome
- Mild Brain Injury and/or intellectual disability
- Cerebral Palsy (see WBPA use also)
- Metabolic disorders
- Mild Seizure Disorder
- ADD and ADHD
We are pioneers in exercise prescription for special needs children, particularly those in the Autism
We first created a test group in 2002 to observe what improvements children
could make in their physical and social behaviour.
We observed that each child improved physically in their weaknesses, followed directions, learned
valuable gym skills, met age milestones that they were not currently at, and improved in social relations with similar children.
It is incredible to see the children learn to throw a ball, or do a chin up, overcome their fear of heights, jump
on the trampoline and learn skills. Some of the children have advanced to working on some treadmill, biking and weight training.
We model teaching activity
with rules and routine, along with physical training skills like balance, flexibility and strength.
Our true innovation lies
in creating patience and improving concentration with the children along with the knowledge of motor deficits through
a Brain-based model.
We provide a cooperative and safe atmosphere with one to one instruction. The program
is very fun, and at times the children play games together.
- Our program is specific
to the needs of each individual child.
- All instructors certified in Adapted Motor Development (A.M.D.) certificate and
- We are a directed intervention program
- The AGP addresses: therapeutic recreation,
motor skill development, physical expression
- The age limits are **3 years
to 18 years.
Our primary goals for all children are:
1. Create an individually prescribed program of exercise and gym skills specifically designed to
meet the needs of your child.
2. Provide children with an opportunity to release or increase energy in a safe, supervised
3. Create and experience a model that teaches children to develop a life-long pattern for a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Consults conducted all year round
- It is an all year program excluding holidays
- Enrollment Registration
for the program are conducted in September ONLY. *Exceptions are for children ages 3-5yrs or adults 19+ who are quartely enrollments.