Adapted Gym Program (AGP) in the BODiWORKS Institute
* Currently conducting Intakes for new families
and completing Initial Consults and Assessments for SEPTEMBER 2017 AGP (all) and January
2018 AGP (ages 3-5yrs only) entry and Adult Exercise therapy and recreation (ages 19yrs+).
Intake Assessments begin now. Contact us for full information.
The AGP is a 32 week process (year to year, ages 6-18yrs, Fall 17' to June 18') that is focused on remediation of
motor developmental delays and deficits with consideration for the child's emotional and relationship needs. Exception is
the Summer AGP Introduction Program and the 10 week blocks for ages 3-5yrs old and 19+yrs old.
This program is specifically geared toward children **(ages 3 to 18yrs). (Ask about Adult Exercise
therapy and recreation for 19+ years.)
The AGP services clients with the following:
- ASD's (Autism Spectrum Disorders) and PDD
- Downs Syndrome
- Mild Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy (see WBPA also)
- Global Developmental Delay
- Metabolic disorders
- Mild Seizure Disorder
- Asperger's Disorder
We are pioneers in exercise prescription for special needs children, particularly those
in the Autism Spectrum.
We first created a test group in 2002 to observe
what improvements children could make in their physical and social behaviour.
We observed that each child improved physically in their weaknesses, followed directions, learned
valuable gym skills, met age milestones that they were not currently at, and improved in social relations with similar children.
It is incredible to see the children learn to throw a ball, or do a chin up, overcome their fear of heights, jump
on the trampoline and learn skills. Some of the children have advanced to working on some treadmill, biking and weight training.
We model teaching activity
with rules and routine, along with physical training skills like balance, flexibility and strength.
Our true innovation lies
in creating patience and improving concentration with the children along with the knowledge of motor deficits through
a Brain-based model.
We provide a cooperative and safe atmosphere with one to one instruction. The program
is very fun, and at times the children play games together.
- Our program is specific
to the needs of each individual child.
- All instructors certified in Adapted Motor Development (A.M.D.) certificate and
- We are a directed intervention program
- The AGP addresses: therapeutic recreation,
motor skill development, physical expression
- The age limits are **3 years
to 18 years.
Our primary goals for all children are:
1. Create an individually prescribed program of exercise and gym skills specifically designed to
meet the needs of your child.
2. Provide children with an opportunity to release or increase energy in a safe, supervised
3. Create and experience a model that teaches children to develop a life-long pattern for a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Consults conducted all year round
- It is an all year program excluding holidays
- Enrollment Registration
for the program are conducted in September ONLY. *Exceptions are for children ages 3-5yrs who are quartely enrollments.